So due to an overwhelming demand for this recipe after I posted it on my insta-story, I thought I better chuck it on here for handy reference.
Since June (admittedly after watch the documentary The Magic Pill) we’ve been trying to do a loose form of the ketogenic diet. I’m definitely not one for fad diets – or diets of any kind to be honest- but so much of what we watched and had been researching ourselves resonated with this. After all the sickness of 2017 (read this post if you don’t know what I mean) I knew I had to make some changes to my diet and every day life to see some progress and after a few short months, I can honestly say there’s been a change to my overall health and most excitedly I’ve started to lose my little ‘kangaroo pouch’ as I fondly called my leftover baby belly. Anyway all this to say I love food and still love carbs so if I was ever going to stick to this (well 80% of the time…) I had to find ways to make food I don’t normally enjoy (i.e. cauliflower) taste better. So without further ado here’s my accidentally amazing spicy cauliflower side dish recipe!
– 1 large cauliflower
– Frank’s RedHot sauce (2-3 tbsp depending on your taste)
– 1 tsp white vinegar
– 3 tbsp butter
– handful of raw cashews
– splash of EVOO & salt and pepper to taste
– Cut up cauliflower into small pieces and crush the cashews into small chunks
– Heat the oil and start to cook cauliflower. Add a small splash of water and put a lid on the pan to let the cauliflower steam through.
– In the meantime, melt butter in a small jug and add the hot sauce and vinegar, whisking together. Once the cauliflower is almost cooked through, remove lid and add cashews and hot sauce mixture. On a high heat, cook for a few minutes, stirring frequently. Season with salt and pepper to serve.
I made this on the side of chicken cutlets battered in egg and almond flour, shallow fried and drizzled with lemon with greens on the side. Such a light, grain free but still delicious meal!